Complaints Handling Policy
Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter/email acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Aziz Rahman, who is responsible for client care matters and who will review your matter file and speak to the member(s) of staff who acted for you.
- Aziz Rahman will then respond in writing to your complaint and confirm his initial decision in the matter. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter/email, provided the grounds of your complaint are clear. If the grounds are not clear Aziz Rahman will attempt to clarify the same with you prior to making his written decision.
- If after considering the written response, you are still not satisfied, you should respond to Aziz Rahman and confirm your outstanding points of dispute. He will write to you within a further 14 days of receiving your request for a review, and may then invite you to a meeting at our offices if it is deemed possible to resolve some or all of the outstanding issues.
- If a meeting is held, within three days of the meeting, Aziz Rahman will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it deemed that a meeting will not assist in resolving the matter, Aziz Rahman will send you a written reply to your outstanding issues of complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of receiving the same. This will usually act as our final decision in the matter, after which you can either accept or reject the same.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact:Legal Ombudsman
PO Box 6806
WV1 9WJAny complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your
complaint, but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, please note that from 1 April 2023 these time limits are changing.
From the 1 April the Legal Ombudsman expects complaints to be made to them within a year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned or within a year of you realising there was a concern. The requirement to refer your concerns to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final response to you remains the same.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.